Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Christmas Wedding

The Beautiful Bride
Brandon (The groom) and I
Lizzie (cousin), me, Shilo (photographer)
My boys Brandon and Jon (cousins) and their new wives
Demarae, Shilo and I
The day after Ben's Dad and Grandpa left to go home after Christmas I flew out to attend Brandon and Demarae's wedding in Seattle, Washington. Let me tell you how excited I was to go to this wedding! I was able to see lots of my family which cured my homesick Christmas woes. My mom flew to the wedding along with my grandparents (who sealed Brandon and Demarae) and many aunts and uncles. Brandon is one of my favorite cousins in the entire world and he married an amazing girl. I love Demarae!!! I met her a little while before she and Brandon began dating. What an incredible couple they make. I also met Shilo a while ago, Demarae (and Brandon's) best friend and photographer of the wedding, and was so excited to see her at the wedding again. It was a mini reunion!
The wedding was amazing. My grandpa sealed them in the Seattle Temple and it was incredible. I cried!! The pictures after the wedding were a little tricky as it was freezing and raining outside. But Shilo being the amazing photographer that she is did a stellar job. Demarae looked stunning in her wedding dress (which she made!!! I am still in awe of her sewing skills. She also make all the vests and ties for the men and all the dresses for her bridesmaids. They were insanely amazing.) After pictures outside my mom and I headed over to Aunt Ruth and Uncle Brian's house (Brandon's parents) to help prepare for the reception that evening. The reception was beautiful. Green and brown were her colors and they looked so good together. We ate lots of food and took tons of pictures. I felt a little lonely since Ben wasn't there. I was solo for the couple shots with Brandon and Jon. I am a little sad now that both my boys are married! But the both married amazing women. I am so happy for Brandon and Demarae. Love them both so much!
The night ended late watching movies with all my cousins at Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve's house. My plane left might early Saturday morning because I had to run back to cali, we had friends visiting us!

1 comment:

dan and linds said...

Demarae looks so pretty! And I love your outfit, by the way, very cute. Is that shirt from Banana?