Friday, April 25, 2008

Finally....an update!

       LOVE!         

So after getting yelled at by way too many people for my lack of 
updating this blog, I have finally decided to update it! I have also 
decided to rededicate myself to blogging, promising to do it more 
frequently. Since its been a while since I've updated I'll try to give
quick updates about these past four months.      
January: This definitely was an exciting month. I started taking 
classes at Cypress College, getting some more GE's done for 
nursing school. I am taking Developmental Psych and a speech
class. Pretty easy classes, more annoying than anything. Love
my psych class, hate my speech class. The semester ends in 
May and I'll take the summer off from school.
We graduated to a bigger apartment- finally! We scored a pretty
sweet deal on a two bedroom/two bathroom/garage that is just
a few blocks down from our old apartment. Its bigger, quieter
and overall much better. The best part is that the apartment has
washer and dryer hookups! So, we decided if we didn't want to 
load up our dirty clothes in the car once a week and lug them
down the the laundry mat, buying a washer and dryer was our 
only option. Can I just say how much I love them?!?!!? Oh my 
goodness they are amazing. I never knew doing laundry could
be so much fun! They are miracle workers I swear. And they 
are very pretty! (see pic above). If anyone needs to do some
laundry come use ours! They can fix anything- and they are soo
quiet. I am in love. 
To wrap up the exciting month- I got a new job!!!! Banana is no 
longer. I know, try not to cry. But the job I have now is soo
much better! I am a medical assistant on a pediatric office.
I love it! It is crazy, stressful and fun. I am learning a ton and 
trying not to loose my head. I am getting paid better and it is 
only 15 min away (no freeways!!). It is also closer to the direction
I want to go with my career. I was getting way too burnt out on 
retail man. I feel so lucky to have this job. Hopefully I can keep 
it as a good reference after I leave and go to nursing school. That
pretty much wraps up January. This post is getting a little long, so 
February will be on the next one :-)

4 comments:

K. Bitton said...

YAY! :) congrats on the new job and it is great to hear about you guys! Sounds like all is well.

Mark and Jenny and Lizzy said...

Hey....that means I won't get any sweet deals on banana clothes BUMMER! J/K I'm so proud of you. Sounds like an amazing opportunity--especially as you apply for nursing schools. And I'm so jealous of the washer/dryer combo! OH and also congrats on moving. Wher'res your new apt?

dan and linds said...

Oooooh, so pretty! I love them!!! And yay! You updated your blog! Way to go honey!

Heather said...

Congrats on all the exciting changes! The job sounds great, the apartment is better, and the appliances are beautiful-jealous!