I am so far behind in my blogging it isn't even funny. But instead of making myself feel guilty I have decided to embrace my lazy blogging ways and accept it! Lots of important things happen in our lives often and I blog about it when I can. I should be patting myself on the shoulder for even getting around to blogging about it! My latest excuse for lack of blogging was a trip to Alaska. Jack and I went up there to help my sister move in! That blog will come later. First I have to talk more about my ever growing crazy little boy and his FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!!! (Jack's birthday was in May. That's how far behind I am.)
We will call it his birthday weekend because that is what is was.
Ben's family was able to come out for it and we are so glad they did! Jack had so much fun and loved every second of the attention. We had fun with them too!
Jack and Grandma Susan! Loved her right away :-)
Great-Grandpa Kordel always keeps Jack on his toes with the little games he plays with him. Jack always cracks up. Over Christmas break last year he even taught Jack to crawl. Amazing.
On Grandpa Scott's shoulders- he loved it! He definitely recognized Grandpa.
Jack loved being held by Great-Grandma Tracy. She helped keep tract of him during the party- on her lap!
The Party:
Jack's birthday conveniently fell on a Saturday so we headed over to the castle park in Cerritos and had a few friends, food, cake and fun! I was still in school at the time of the party so I blame the lame decorations and games on that. At least there was food and fish/ducks to feed!
The kids ran around and played on the park and the adults ate food and talked. Definitely my kind of party. And to top it all off the weather was beautiful and Ben grabbed us a fabulous spot at the busy park.
Jack sporting shades from Grandma Susan. He actually kept them on for a while, surprisingly.
Jack and Keane playing on a blanket crackin' each other up with Austin in the background.
So excited to be ONE!!!!
It was a windy day and Jack really wanted his cake, but apparently it took three people to light the candle and pin him down for a happy birthday song.
First dive into the cake. What is this? Do I like this?
Yes I do!! He laughed, well chuckled really, as he demolished his cake.
So yummy!
Champion of the cake- yay! He loved his cake. I'm not sure which he liked more- destroying and mashing it in his hands or eating more sugar than he has ever had his entire life.
Then crashed from the sugar.
Studying a card.
Opening presents with daddy! He was very focused during the unwrapping, not quite sure if he understood the idea of presents. But he loves them now!
We had so much fun at Jack's party and we are so grateful to everyone that came!!
:: Some ONE year facts about Jack ::
- Weighs 18 lbs 1oz (5-10%)
- Height 31" (90%)
- Eats almost anything- not a picky eater yet!
- Loves anything to do with the outdoors. If he could he would sit outside all day.
- Loves to stare at birds outside.
- Loves any type of animal, especially dogs. But a little scared of goats.
- Loves his toothbrush and likes to chew on it all day.
- Loves to read books/turn the pages.
- Takes two 2 hrs naps.
- Goes to bed at 730 and wakes up at 700, usually happy in the mornings.
- Still on Nutramagen formula. Can't start milk until his meds are straightened out!
- Now only on one reflux med. YAY!!
- Still army crawls on his belly but has started to crawl on his knees like a normal baby.
- Won't walk on his own, will only do it while holding one or two hands (one handed is a new development that started in Alaska- thanks Oaks!)
- Loves dogs (did I say that already? He really loves dogs), especially Max!
- Has graduated from the bottle. Another yay!
- Loves to go to the park and swing.
- Has mastered the head-thrown-back-so-hard-I-almost-dropped-you fit.
- Understands the power of the whine and how much mommy doesn't like it.
- Favorite time of the day is when Daddy gets home.
- Can say "uh oh" it is his favorite and first word. Also says partial words like dog (duh duh), ball (buh buh), DaDa, Momma (occasionally), bird (also buh buh).
- He loves to point at things, anything and everything and say "tis tis".
- Shakes his fists and wiggles his legs to anything that sounds like music (even when I sing).
- Jabbers to himself and anyone that will listen all day long. He is very vocal. Especially when he is tired- he gets louder.
- Loves his big boy car seat and hates his baby one. When he is in his big boy car seat he stretches his neck as far as he can to see over the dashboard. We call him turtle neck!
- Loves to go for walks/runs with mommy.
- Very ticklish.
- Loves to clap his hands, give high fives and put his hands on his face when someone says "Oh no!".
- Definitely an independent child. No real fear of strangers. Clingy when he is tired.
- Has seven teeth in with one molar poking thru in the back.
- Loves to be chased by mommy and daddy.
- Loves to play with other kids. Whenever he sees someone small he gets excited- especially babies.
- Loves to climb all over and get into everything, but what ONE year old doesn't?
We love you baby Jack and are so glad you are in our family!!!!!!!
2 comments:
I can't wait to see him on Saturday!!!!!!
Holy crap! He is so cute! Your party was so cute too. can't wait to see you alaska post! I'm so jealous you got to go!a
Post a Comment