Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Three Weeks

Today marks three weeks since my little H came into my life. This time three weeks ago, I was sitting at the hospital. All our family had left for the hotel and it was just me, Ben and Henry. Henry had passed a few hours before. He was dressed in his white and blue polka dot premie outfit, wrapped in the green knit blanket from my sister with a dark navy blue hat on his head. He was in the bassinet next to me in the bed. I raised the bed up so I could reach my hand into the bassinet and lay in bed. The peace and love I felt holding his precious right little hand I love was indescribable. This is the hand I held all night. It is also the hand we were able to get the mold made of with my hand and his. The detail in this mold is incredible. It captures every skin fold, every imperfection, my CTR right on my right hand, Henry's long nails and so much more. His little hand is grasping my pointer finger and my hand is holding his. I love this. I am so grateful for the amazing lady in my life who made this for me. It is precious to me. It sits on my desk as I type. This may sound silly, but every time I touch his fingers I get this deep overwhelming feeling of love, peace and calmness. Henry centers me. 
Though I ache for him in a way I can't describe, his spirit is so strong in my life. For that I am grateful. Happy three weeks my sweet Henry! I love you eternally. 



No comments: