Memorial day weekend has come and gone...so summer time is officially here! We had an amazing weekend. I got called off work (YAY) so we had the whole day to party it up. We took a train ride up to Santa Barbara for the day. I am now a huge fan of the train. Jack loved it, it was relaxing and no traffic. It wasn't too much more than we would have spent on gas and did I say, no traffic? We spent the beautiful day at the Santa Barbara Zoo. They have these little open buses that drive around the main drag in Santa Barbara, so no car needed. They also have lot of bike rental places. It was so nice to not worry about driving. Then we came back to TO went our for an early dinner then went to a concert at the park. All in all, an amazing Memorial Day.
My favorite thing about Memorial Day is that it is the beginning of summer. At home, we always have a big Memorial Day picnic at High Banks park. Lots of yummy food, games and swimming. After the picnic I'd go home and start planning summer! So I do the same thing now. Today Jack and I made our Summer Fun list for 2012. It is long, with way more activities then we will ever have time to do (especially since I work..blah), but it is so much fun. My house will most likely be in perpetual state of disaster, so brace yourself. But its always a toss up: clean house or play with child. This summer I'll be opting for playing with child. If I lived in a house I could totally justify hiring a cleaning service...but in an apt it just seems sad.
We have already been having fun this month. Two weekends ago we went up to Oxnard for the Strawberry Festival. Amazing! Every type of food you could think of make with strawberries. Bought a huge flat of strawberries for $16 (killer deal) and made some more yummy strawberry and sugar filled treats. All thats left is the strawberry freezer jam I made (so delicious). The week after that was J-man's 3rd birthday. I need to do a post just for his birthday and talk about it then. He had a blast! And I wasn't too stressed out either. It was nice. The cake was yummy! I ventured out a little from my usual Costco version haha.
Lots to do today, so this post must end. Breakfast with girls at work, visiting teaching, seeing a friend that just had a baby, splash pad if time and grocery store run. Hmmm....i have a feeling this will not all happen today. But I better go start on something! Summer fun has started!! (eventually I will post pictures as soon as I get motivated enough to get them off my opine and onto computer.)
No comments:
Post a Comment