It's almost May. Where has the year gone?? I remember in January thinking, wow, its going to be a long year. And now it's almost summer. Today is Sunday. I love Sundays. I am blessed to rarely have to work Sundays. I love that. Sundays are lovely. We sleep in (or attempt to, Jack usually is up with the birds at 630 or 700). We stay in our pj's, Ben usually makes pancakes and we turn on church music or talks and stay lazy. It's beautifully sunny outside. We are even more lazy today due to our sore arms and legs from hiking yesterday. It was about 75 all day. We went to the mountains a few minutes away, brought our lunch and hiked for a few hour. Since Jack has decided he will not hike in the stroller, it takes us forever to go anywhere since he pokes along. Ben usually ends up putting him on his shoulders so we can make it home before dinner.
The place we hiked up was beautiful. It's one of my favorite places to hike up here. It is usually less busy, not one of the popular family hike locations. The hike takes you to the top of this hill that lets you look over all of Thousand Oaks. There is a bench that sits on the very edge of it. I love to sit there and take in the amazing view. Ill post a few pics I took up there.We brought along this wimpy little kite I got at the store. Jack chose it out of his potty toy bag. Ben and Jack tried to fly it. A little unsuccessful, but Jack had a blast. The wind was blowing pretty strong and helped cool us down from the vertical climb we make going up the side of the hill. It was a good work out.
I love weekends like these. I wish I could bottle the joy and happy feelings and take them to work with me on bad days. Weekends like these make me understand why families are forever.
1 comment:
What an awesome day! We LIVE for the weekends around here too. Sounds like such a beautiful place to live. Families are the bomb, right? :) Hope things are going well for you guys! Love ya!
Post a Comment