So January 2011 was spent starting a new semester at school- my last one! N240 and N242.
We took a little break from school and went skiing at Big Bear with some friends from school. I miss skiing so much!
( February 2011)
Last day of clinical with my favorite teacher- Patty Riedel. After this we went to our preceptorship.
( March 2011)
Last day of class in nursing school with my amazing group of friends. Bittersweet!
(March 2011)
Pinning! (or graduation as other people call it) We were officially pinned with our nursing pins. Everyone wears all white and the girls wear nursing hats. It is a tradition with every nursing class that graduates. I guess it is more of a ceremony. Pays tribute to the history and tradition of nursing that every student becomes a part of after graduation.
( May 2011)
My family. I love this picture. I could not have become an RN without these two amazing people by my side cheering me on and giving me lots and lots of loves!
My family that was able to come out for the pinning. I am so grateful they came out. It meant so much to me to have them there, seeing this dream finally come true. Their support over the past two years has been priceless!
My amazing group of friends in nursing school. We cried, laughed, studied, stressed, celebrated, relaxed, succeeded and so much more together. These girls will forever be a part of my life. Love you sexy 6!!
A week after graduation was Jack's 2nd birthday! I already posted a little on this, so I will keep it short. There was an ice cream truck at the park we had his party at. He walked over with his bat and started picking out all the ice cream he wanted. But as soon as I said "cake time!" he came running back.
( May 2011)
He loves him some cake!
These next few pics are supposed to be up with the graduation pics. Jack's party was after all the family left. Lindsay came and stayed for two weeks and we had so much fun with her and cousin Oaks and Brighton! Jack loved having kids at home to play with. Jack and Oaks got along so well. They played and played, burning hours of energy. It was so nice! I love those little girls so much! We miss them tons! Jack always asks where "Oak" is.
We had to make a beach trip while they were here since, you know, Alaska is severely lacking them. Oakley loved the water, Jack of course still hates it and Brighton was so happy to play in the sand and get dirty! It was a blast.
While they were here we also headed over to Disneyland. All the kids were free! Last time that will happen though :-( Jack and Oaks loved running around. Oakley was excited to see the characters and not scared at all! Jack on the other hand.....would not touch Mickey even if Ben was holding him. Oh well, maybe next year!
Trying to get these crazy kids to sit still for a picture was nearly impossible!
Haha, this is the best we could get.
Such good helpers!
After the family left, our summer began a little slower. I started studying for the boards and tried to keep Jack from being too bored! Here is a pic ( kind of a bad pic) of us when we went cherry picking with Jack's friend Kirsi. He was such a good helper! His favorite ones were the squished ones n the ground. Yummy!
Other summer activities:
- Palm Springs for Ben's birthday
- Trip to Vegas to visit our friends, the Drees
- Beach trips
- Free movies at 10am
- Balboa Island
- Lots of birthday parties
- Glen Ivy Spa with friends( for me, not Jack :-) )
- Lots of pool time with all our fabulous friends with pools!
- Library time
- A few doctor's appts
- Going to Joyce's so I could study
- Taking a sports class (pictures to come!)
Sadly, we missed most of summer because I was studying so much! But we are trying to make it up now. We have been busy!
This catches me up to around the beginning of August this year. A lot has happened in the last month, but I think I can wrap it up in one more post and I will finally be up to date!

2 comments:
I am so glad to get an update on your life! It has been way too long!
I am so proud of you! I know how hard an RN program is. What an accomplishment. --Terri Hessler
Post a Comment