Let's wrap up the summer:
- June was spent avoiding studying and trying to studying.
- July was spent studying. All the time. Literally. By the end I was ready to pull my brains out. I felt like I was cramming every single day...for a whole month! Poor Jack, he didn't have a very fun July. For the 4th we went up to Thousand Oaks with my friend from school. A very nice break. I took my books to study, but that never goes over well.
- August 1st I took my state boards!! My anxiety was at a peak. The night before I only got 4 hrs of sleep even though I went to bed at 9pm and set my alarm for 6 am. All I could think about was the test, my anxiety about the test and how badly I needed to go to sleep. But I passed!! I didn't find out I passed until a few days later. The wait? PAINFUL. Utterly painful. I am so glad it is over and done with. It is weird though, to think that all the years of stress, tears and dreaming is here, over and done.
- After I passed boards, the job hunting began. What a gnarly process this is. It took me a while to get my resume together. I posted my resume on a few sites, talked to teachers and friends that were RN's to see what was out there. About three weeks after I took boards, I posted my resume online for a hospital my friend from school works at. A few days later I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. The hospital is in Thousand Oaks, CA which is about and 1 and 1/2 hrs north of here (well, an hour with no traffic and in traffic it is about a 2 hr drive). After the interview, the offered me the job! The position at this hospital has everything I want.
The position in a day shift position on a med-surg floor ( the same unit my friend from school works on, we get to work together!). The hospital is really nice, and I am so excited to work there. But they wanted me to start in two weeks!! I was starting to freak out. I had to find a place for us to live, someone to watch Jack and get my whole family packed and moved in two weeks. Not much time.
So over the past two weeks, our lives have been a whirlwind. We have been driving up there to find places to live, check out babysitters and start to get things set up. And amazingly, everything has worked out perfectly. We found an amazing babysitter close to the hospital, we found a place to live with washer dryer hook-ups that is in a good ward, Ben's drive to work is shorter (huge YAY!!) and everything is set up and ready to go! It has all fallen into place so amazingly and easily that I know this is where we are supposed to be. The packing is stressing me out a bit. But I am blessed with some amazing friends here that have helped so much!! I am going to miss them so much. I'll be going through withdrawl!
So now, I am officially up to date! I am determined to keep this blog up. It is my only source of journaling. Sad, I know. I am definitely more of a talker than a writer. But I will keep trying. I will post again after the move and the craziness of my first few days of work. Wish me luck!!
3 comments:
Good luck! You will be an amazing nurse!
We are happy for you guys! So glad you found a great place... Thousand Oaks is farther from where we will be though!!! We will have to meet in the middle sometimes!
That's awesome, Erin!! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment